Wednesday, June 3, 2026

Requests

 


https://workupload.com/file/WGPqCenrxTu


https://workupload.com/file/JvgfFn5qma4


https://workupload.com/file/CccCvFbn5Ux


https://workupload.com/file/WYaYuUSBPP2


https://workupload.com/file/gWhxTGQKFRW


https://workupload.com/file/jHaCAqJsZya


https://workupload.com/file/d8NM86rmqPn


https://workupload.com/file/jCKqGuALFfR

https://workupload.com/file/Nh68YF3bP4H


Pre Schmaltz
https://workupload.com/file/t6AwTVdv9Rx


https://workupload.com/file/y7y92nqyhbc

For maintaining good graces with Ms. pmac





Betty Links
https://workupload.com/file/DP8V2wExsMb


Part 1 
https://workupload.com/file/ZTC3VKqSaT2
Part 2 
https://workupload.com/file/HjpFDqrqG9Q

Enjoy, my friends!


29 comments:

  1. On behalf of the mrs and I, gracias, querida amiga!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Babs! Your amazing generosity is astounding! Your music collection is so wide & varied (& in perfect shape), it stuns. Your taste in music & knowledge of it & experiences with it are rich.
    A toast to our most gracious hostess, the legendary Babs. Thanks Babs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Fabulous, thank you for such great generosity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Smokes!

    Thanks Babs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a haul! Babs, you've created a veritable Make-A-Wish Foundation for music hounds. I'm especially looking forward to digging into that Pablo set on Art Tatum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! 2 (count 'em) Betty Carter albums I don't have! Thank you, Babs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the Art Tatum - it is everything I had hoped for and more!
    The one that caught me off guard (in a good way) was the "Gatemouth" Brown LP. If that doesn't get your toes tapping, I don't know what will.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even without pop-rivets, this is generous and gracious. Thank you!
    D in California

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much. Lots of great items. I remember, as my
    younger self, that I joined something called Playback from Columbia Records. Like the Warners samplers, it was part of the inner sleeve of an album I purchased. I sent away for a nominal charge and got a monthly EP of recent Columbia tunes. 157 Riverside Avenue from R.E.O. Speedwagon that I thought was very catchy. The best selection ever was probably Bruce Springsteen's Blinded by the Light, which I had before the official release. Anyway, I didn't think much about the R.E.O. tune, especially after they had their shmaltzy hits. Then, one day at work, my boss asked about a song that I liked that was from a band that wasn't known for good music. My answer was 157 Riverside Avenue. He listened and agreed that it worked for his premise. My boss was also a snobby music guy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Phantom Of The Rock OperaJune 3, 2026 at 7:04 PM

    That's a mighty fine swag bag full of goodies. Its going to be a late night! Thanks Babs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm thinking about doing this as a regular feature; monthly maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, pretty please!

      Delete
    2. ~Jon in Cali

      Delete
    3. Excellent idea!!

      Delete
    4. Oh, Babs, that would be very helpfull. I have a few things on my wishlist that I am looking for, for about 25 years or more, and just cannot find it. Any help would be awesome. There are albums with Lindsay Cooper I am searching for that I just cannot find, she was a brilliant musician. So if you have a point, regularly or not, where I can request one by one, I am not getting my hopes up really high, any attempt to help is great.
      I have the album by Jerome Cooper,Kalaparusha and Frank Lowe, but it is in a sorry state, and now you let me listen to it again, in much better order. Thank you

      Delete
  12. Thanks Babs. I've been wondering (sometimes a risky proposition, but I digress), is there any reciprocal action we can take? Is there any music that we collectively might be able to provide for you? Taking is great, but giving back is too. Also, what I've heard so far of these request is very enjoyable. Thanks, as always, for hosting a fantastic blog. Thanks Babs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best reciprocal action I can think of is a simple “Thank You”
      

Also, I wish people would sign a name or nickname to “Anonymous” posts.

      Delete
    2. It's weird, isn't it? Just inventing a name and keeping it establishes some kind of ID, a "voice". And yet ... they prefer to be cloaked with anonimity, mysterious, wraith-like presences swooping in and out ... just like all the other commenters cloaked with anonimity, mysterious, wraith-like presences swooping in and out.
      ¯\_(•_•)_/¯

      (Thanks for the REO!)

      Delete
    3. Just don't want to have to create yet another account and password somewhere and have to remember that to login...

      ~ Jon (wraith-like) in Cali

      Delete
    4. Yebbut you don't have to! Just sign your comment "Jon" (whatevs) like you just did!

      Delete
  13. Stunning. So grateful. You, like the music, are a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Babs - you can make the images act as links - look for the little "chain" icon in the formatting dashboard (same place as "add a picture", whatever).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your right , being suspicious of the net may be, it was funtastic when it was the wild west... 'till MU was torpetoed, and suddenly, thousands of music blogs disappeared. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete