Here's two very nice Velvet Underground Boots.

'A Walk With The Velvet Underground' is a 5 CD set that was released in 1997, from our friends at the Midnight Beat label in Luxembourg. It's beautifully packaged, and has a 20-page booklet (included in the freeload).
'Vulgar Absurdity' was released in 2020 on the Assblaster label [classy name —Ed]. All things considered, this is a great sounding collection of Velvet Underground outtakes, demos and live tracks. Everything here is 100% unreleased and not on deluxe editions. There might be some overlap with 'A Walk With The Velvet Underground', but I'm too lazy to figure it all out.
Be that as it may, for the freeload, post a verse or two from a favorite Velvet Underground song.



.jpg)
.jpg)
Because she's got the power
ReplyDeleteTo love me by the hour
Gives me double you L-O-V-E
We're gonna have a real good time together
ReplyDeleteWe're gonna have a real good time together
We're gonna have a real good time together
We're gonna laugh and dance and shout together
Oooh
na na-na-na-na na na-na-na-na na na
Proving, it's not just the lyrics, it's how you express them..
DeleteHere he comes, he′s all dressed in black
ReplyDeletePR shoes and a big straw hat
He's never early, he′s always late
First thing you learn is that you always gotta wait
Because when the smack begins to flow
I really don′t care anymore
About all the Jim-Jim′s in this town
And all the politicians makin' crazy sounds
And everybody puttin′ everybody else down
And all the dead bodies piled up in mounds
Kind regards, Mike
Some kinds of love
ReplyDeleteMargarita told Tom
Between thought and expression lies a lifetime
Situations arise because of the weather
And no kinds of love
Are better than others
ANON RF:
ReplyDeleteThen one fine mornin' she puts on a New York station
She don't believe what she heard at all
She started shakin' to that fine fine music
You know her life was saved by rock n roll
And, everyone who ever had a heart
ReplyDeleteThey wouldn't turn around and break it
And anyone who ever played a part
Oh wouldn't turn around and hate it!
I'm sorry - I'll get back to you regarding the lyrics question - I'm still laughing about your write-up mentioning it was "released on the Assblaster label".
ReplyDeleteNow that would be an interesting name for your newfound cat.
I also wanted to mention the quality of sound on the Bab's boot bonanza offerings has been really good. I started buying boots around '79 at a local Houston record shop called Fred's Earwax. Like your stories about various record shop owners you have known through the years and told us about - Fred was a real character. This was when bootlegs were in a plain white cardboard sleeve with a single mimeographed piece of paper that looked like it was put together by a child. The sound on all of them was shockingly bad. I had a Who boot on swirly purple and white vinyl that hurt you to listen to it. Fred priced all the single boots at $4.99. By the early 80's - an FBI raid resulted in no more Fred's Earwax - which was a shame. Thanks for the sonic boot upgrades. My ears thank you.
ReplyDeleteOne last thing - I assume you have heard one or more of the "Mike the Mik" boots from mostly 70's So Cal concerts he attended with recording gear hidden in a wheelchair (that he did not need). A lot of his stuff - sound wise - is fantastic.
"Hey, hey, hey, she's busy sucking on my ding-dong. She's busy sucking on my ding-dong". Not for the visuals, but because it always makes me chuckle to hear a kid's term in a very adult song, and sung by one usually not shy about being transgressive. I like that in a few short years Uncle Lou felt comfortable being direct in 'Walk On The Wild Side'.
ReplyDeleteC in California
♫ Going downtown, gonna see my gal
DeleteGonna sing her a song
I'm gonna show her my ding dong!"♫
— Blind Lemon Chitlin'
I cannot adequately express the delight I felt when I introduced my kids to Cheech Y Chong and they laughed as hard as I did when I heard those early records in real time. Of course, they didn't get some of the references, and probably still don't, and I waited some time before having them graduate to some of the more adult fare, but Blind Melon Chitlin (and Sister Mary Elephant and Basketball Jones) were hits from the get-go.
DeleteC in California
You know, I've seen every movie you've been in
ReplyDeletefrom "Pass of Pain" to "Duels of Glory"
And when you kissed Robert Mitchum
Gee, but I thought you'd never catch him
All of "Temptation Inside Your Heart" (I know, I know; ymmv)
ReplyDeleteThe Good (cheesy as it sounds, strewth)
Jenny said when she was just five years old
There was nothing happening at all
Every time she puts on a radio
There was a nothin' goin' down at all, not at all
Then one fine mornin' she puts on a New York station
You know, she couldn't believe what she heard at all
She started shakin' to that fine fine music
You know her life was saved by rock 'n' roll
The Bad (uhm, mistakes were made)
One minute born, one minute doomed
One minute up and one minute down
What goes on in your mind?
I think that I am falling down
The Ugly (almost a year I kinda lost there at 20, amazing tho)
White light, White light goin' messin' up my mind
White light, and don't you know its gonna make me go blind
White heat, aww white heat it tickle me down to my toes
White light, Oh have mercy white light have it goodness knows
Honorable Mention (because Lou Reed)
And curtains laced with diamonds, dear, for you
And all the Roman noblemen for you
And kingdom's Christian soldiers, dear for you
And melting ice cap mountain tops for you, oh-oh
And knights in flaming silver robes for you
And bats that with a kiss turn prince for you
----------------
ReplyDelete%%%%%%%%
*************
+
!!!!??;;:'xxx
Guess I'm Falling In Love (Instrumental Version)
lazybombsod
[Verse 1]
ReplyDeleteSometimes I feel so happy
Sometimes I feel so sad
Sometimes I feel so happy
But mostly, you just make me mad
Baby, you just make me mad
[Chorus]
Linger on your pale blue eyes
Linger on your pale blue eyes
[Verse 2]
Thought of you as my mountaintop
Thought of you as my peak
Thought of you as everything
I've had but couldn't keep
I've had but couldn't keep
[Chorus]
Linger on your pale blue eyes
Linger on your pale blue eyes
[Verse 3]
If I could make the world as pure
And strange as what I see
I'd put you in the mirror
I put in front of me
I put in front of me
-
Especially when sung by Marisa Monte on her 1994 album Verde, Anil, Amarelo, Cor de Rosa e Carvão
- Jon in Cali
I had a few drug experiences, but never one like this. And yet, I still relate to the song for some reason:
ReplyDeleteWhite light, White light goin' messin' up my mind
White light, and don't you know its gonna make me go blind
White heat, aww white heat it tickle me down to my toes
White light, Oh have mercy white light have it goodness knows
D in California
I see a lot of Pale Blue Eyes but the punchline for me
ReplyDeleteIt was good what we did yesterday
And I'd do it once again
The fact that you are married
Only proves, your my best friend
But it's truely truely a sin
all of murder mystery and sister ray. Oldprog
ReplyDeleteShe's on the corner now
ReplyDeleteJohnny watchin from a window
Putting on a leather show
Hey baby ooh baby
She make him hate his wife
Make him hate his life
She's a corner girl
(Corner Girl)
Those chords in full:
DeleteA. Oh, and there's an E in there somewhere.
Link 1
ReplyDeletehttps://workupload.com/file/WhK6sW8nXzV
Link 2
https://workupload.com/file/DGur5j2qMeE
Thanks so much, Babs--great stuff and appreciate it and you.
ReplyDeleteThis should go great with Richie Unterberger's upcoming - April - VU book!
ReplyDeleteNot on topic, strictly speaking, but here is the best song ABOUT a member of VU, Sterling Morrison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rnsBwfNQGw Enjoy. --Muzak McMusics
ReplyDeleteI'm set free - to find a new illusion.
ReplyDeleteShe started dancing to that fine, fine music
ReplyDeleteYou know, her life was saved by rock and roll, yes, rock and roll
"I'm sick of the trees, take me to the city"
ReplyDeleteBat
I'm waiting for my man
ReplyDeleteHere he comes, he's all dressed in black
Beat up shoes and a big straw hat
He's never early, he's always late
First thing you learn is you always gotta wait