Here's a little Grateful Dead, and by little, I mean 19 CDs
This is 6 complete shows.
CDs 1 through 4 are from the P.N.E. Coliseum, Vancouver, B.C., on June 22, 1973.
CDs 5 through 7 are from Portland Memorial Coliseum, Portland, OR on June 24, 1973.
CDs 8 through 10 are from Seattle Center Arena, Seattle, WA on June 26, 1973.
CDs 11 through 13 are from P.N.E Coliseum - Vancouver, B.C., Canada on May 17, 1974.
CDs 14 through 16 are from Portland Memorial Coliseum - Portland, OR on May 19, 1974.
CDs 17 through 19 are from Hec Edmundson Pavilion, University of Washington - Seattle, WA on May 21, 1974.
Original Art by First Nations Artist Roy Henry Vickers
Mastered in HDCD from the original master tapes by Jeffrey Norman
at Mockingbird Mastering. Masters transferred and restored by Plangent
Processes.
Jerry Garcia – lead guitar, vocals
Donna Jean Godchaux – vocals
Keith Godchaux – keyboards
Bill Kreutzmann – drums
Phil Lesh – bass, vocals
Bob Weir – rhythm guitar, vocals
In the interest of bandwidth, the files are 320 kbps, which due to the HDCD mastering sound just fine.
Donna Jean Godchaux – vocals
Keith Godchaux – keyboards
Bill Kreutzmann – drums
Phil Lesh – bass, vocals
Bob Weir – rhythm guitar, vocals
In the interest of bandwidth, the files are 320 kbps, which due to the HDCD mastering sound just fine.
For the freeload, which artist or band have you seen live the most?








Thanks Babs. Los Lobos - David Byrne - Asleep At The Wheel, I think all about 6 or 7 times
ReplyDeleteAlso saw Frank Zappa 4 times, same for Dweezil
DeleteI saw Frank Zappa at least 5 times.
ReplyDeleteGrateful Dead/Jerry Garcia Band, Frank Zappa, The Kinks.
ReplyDeleteFollowed by Spirit.
Thinking about it now I saw Canned Heat quite a bit, and Mountain.
Today is the anniversary of my first Dead Show. And also getting married. So once or twice a year til '95 would be a few dozen times. Seeing the Dead that is, not getting married.
ReplyDeleteWhen my brother-in-law would ask why I see the same band again I'd reply ever see more than one baseball game?
Happy Anniversaries, August!
DeleteI've seen Paul Weller / The Jam play probably 8-10 times
ReplyDeleteFor "local" type acts, probably a tie between The Tin Men out of New Orleans (world's foremost guitar, washboard and sousaphone trio) and Paoul Laborde's Van Moustache (manouche music) in Seville. National/International Acts would be The Meters or Allman Brothers.
ReplyDeleteHeck, the Allman Brothers seemed to reside at A Warehouse on Tchopitoulas. ;-)
DeleteOh, and love that artwork in the box set. Saw a lot of First Nation art back in 2017 when we visited White Horse in The Yukon Territory, Canada.
ReplyDeleteFairport Convention at least 12 times at their annual Cropredy festival, must be the band I’ve seen most.
ReplyDeleteRoy Harper every time he played near me in the 80’s and 90’s.
John Martyn similar to above.
I’ve seen the really under appreciated Chuck Prophet every time he plays in this country near me.
Cardiacs a few times in the 80’s, then obsessively from 1996 till 2008.
A local heavy rock band called Truffle also at least 12 times in the very early 80’s.
It was Fairport for me too, but the earlier version - after Sandy joined until the crash. It was a great time - they played college etc gigs in London very regularly and we went at least twice a week .
DeleteI’ve seen the Grateful Dead, the most, they made that easy by pretty much always being on the road, and to a lesser extent, The Allman Bros., Frank Zappa. I’ve also seen every of the Rolling Stones American tours. Saw Bill Evans, Wayne Shorter and Mies Davis whenever opportunity presented itself.
ReplyDeleteI envy your having seen Bill Evans, Babs. Maybe someday you could tell us a little about the gig.
DeleteI will put into a forthcoming Bill Evans post.
DeleteThat would be the Welsh band Man...in the 1970s
ReplyDeleteI forgot Man, I first saw them in 1983 (would have loved to see them earlier), also supporting Hawkwind during their 1980's all-dayers - Bevis Frond too quite a lot at those events and subsequently.
DeleteThe Chieftans, for some reason. Followed by Elvis Costello, with Eric Clapton a close 3rd.
ReplyDeleteAbdullah Ibrahim 1988-1990. I was helping out his production company, Ekapa. Memorable hang outs too.
ReplyDeleteI have seen very few artists more than 2-3 times.
Links
ReplyDeletePacific Northwest One
https://we.tl/t-TIgKomwVEs
Pacific Northwest Two
https://we.tl/t-qYeulNyTlo
Richard Thompson. The first half-dozen shows were at The Palms Playhouse, a small barn that seated maybe 100. I've also seen him in a variety of theaters, perhaps up to as many as 800 seats.
ReplyDeleteD in California
I saw Chicago many times in the 70s with Terry Kath on guitar. Have no interest in the post-Kath years.
ReplyDelete-notBob
That would be Hawkwind in the 70s .. also, probably various incarnations of Gong from 70s through to 90s!!!
ReplyDeleteNick Lowe (Rockpile, Noise to Go, solo) and Sun Ra.
ReplyDeleteCharly García, an outstanding argentinian songwriter/keyboardist. One of the greatest around here. I highly recommend all his 80's work.
ReplyDeleteProbably Redd Kross -- went to see them every time they played in 1983-1984 which was at least once a month. Descendants, Lazy Cowgirls and Meat Puppets are also up there.
ReplyDeleteThis sure is a gorgeous box set -- thanks!
Hands down, Bob Dylan. I've seen him live 25 times over the course of 50 years, the latest being in New Orleans to celebrate my 70th birthday.
ReplyDeleteFor the Dead, Babs, I am grateful.