Wednesday, July 23, 2025

Babs' Bootleg Bonanza #7


Today's Bootleg Bonanza is two shows from King Crimson, and an acoustic show from Jerry Garcia.  All three have excellent sonics.


King Crimson
The Egg, Albany, NY 
September 10th, 2014

This was King Crimson’s first live public show since 2008.

Setlist
Threshold Soundscape and Intro
Larks' Tongues In Aspic, Part I
Pictures of a City
A Scarcity of Miracles
The ConstruKction of Light
One More Red Nightmare
Interlude
The Hell Hounds of Krim
Red
The Letters
VROOOM
Coda: Marine 475
Banshee Legs Bell Hassle
The Sailor's Tale
The Light of Day
The Talking Drum 
Larks' Tongues In Aspic, Part II
Starless
Improv Hoodoo
21st Century Schizoid Man


22 comments:

  1. New Order, Sibelius, Roger Whitaker, Sandy, The Butterflies, Screamin Jay Hawkins, Edgar Varese, Cecil Taylor and Current 93

    ReplyDelete
  2. 03 - Great Lives Series 45 - Great Lives Series 45 - 3. Adrian Utley of Portishead on Miles Davis
    16 - Great Lives Series 1 - Great Lives Series 1 - 16. Louis Armstrong
    and other things from the swamp
    https://swamptowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boz Scaggs, Lewis Taylor, T Bone Burnet, Terry Edwards, Super Explosion de la Paz

    ReplyDelete
  4. 70s Disco Funk and Jazz Funk Sampler, some classic like Schuberts String Quintet, Spohr Violin Concertos Kindly regards, Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still Corners, Freddie Hubbard's "Red clay", Stranglers "Feline",
    Eno & Budd's "The plateau of mirror"
    Bat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Milestone Jazzstars, The Great Concert of Charles Mingus, Henry Threadgill Spirit of Nuff Nuff, Come Carry The Day

    ReplyDelete
  7. A buncha mix cds our daughers made 2003-2006 during amazing summers we spent in Norther Sweden...one was a teen the other a tween and besides having had remarkably good taste, the diversity & quality is is pretty damn impressive. A few highlights: The Sahara Hotnights (who we drove up to Robertsfors in search of), The Riff Randalls, Teddybears Sthlm featuring Mad Cobra (plus "Hey Boy" with Swing Fly), The Hellacopters, Jet, Belle 7 Sebastian, Dandy Warhols, Blink-182.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Takaat, The Gladiators, Irma Thomas with Galactic, David Murray...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lester Young - 'The Jazz Giants '56'
    Tom Waits - 'Nighthawks At The Diner'
    Miles Davis - 'Get Up with It'
    Joni Mitchell - 'Hejira'
    Little Feat - 'Dixie Chicken'
    Tito Puente - 'El Rey Bravo'
    Patricia Barber - 'Modern Cool '
    Grateful Dead - 1'977-05-19 Fox Theatre Atlanta, GA 2nd Set (Bootleg)
    Freddie Hubbard - 'Ready For Freddie'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patricia Barber - 'Mythologies'
    Jimmy Giuffre 3 - 'Emphasis'

    all the best!
    huey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Os Tincoas - self titled
    Jose Mauro - Obnoxious
    Keith Jarret - At the Deer Head Inn
    O Sister - Brand New Day
    Kenny Burrell - God Bless the Child
    Ahmad Jamal - Marseille
    and radio station, TSF

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tan Cologne
    Lhasa de Sela
    Low
    John Frusciante
    Eno/Budd - "The Pearl"
    Inside Llewyn Davis - OST
    The Smile
    The Fauns
    Darya Yeldrim & Grup Simsek
    Djam - OST
    Vieux Farka Toure - Ali

    ReplyDelete
  13. Phantom Of The Rock OperaJuly 23, 2025 at 8:22 PM

    Just this evening I was checking out two albums from 1970.

    Hollins & Starr - Sidewalks Talking
    Morning - Morning

    Others I've played recently

    Fort Mudge Memorial Dump - Fort Mudge Memorial Dump
    Shortwave Set - Replica Sun Machine + The Debt Collector
    Gene Clark - No Other
    Various Artists - Love Is The Song We Sing (San Franciscan Nuggets)
    Chuck Berry - St Louis To Liverpool
    Stands - All Years Leaving
    Rock Workshop - Complete Recordings
    Ocean Colour Scene - Painting + Saturday + On The Ley Line
    Rotary Connection - Very Best Of
    Tina Turner - Acid Queen

    Plus others that don't immediately come to mind

    ReplyDelete
  14. Phantom Of The Rock OperaJuly 23, 2025 at 8:58 PM

    Add to that I'm listening right now too

    The Fraternal Order Of All (Andrew Gold/ Graham Gouldman) - Greetings From Planet Love

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not long ago I purchased a turntable, preamp and powered speakers, as a system from Fluance. After years of looking at old peach crates and shelves with records I decided I needed to listen to some of that. I borrowed a friend's spin clean machine & used a tergitol solution & proceeded to clean & listen. So far so good. Latest highlights have been Cookin' with the Miles Davis Quintet, Mark Don & Mel, Joe Farrell Moon Germs. Klaus Doldinger/Passport Jubilee 1975, The Essential Charlie Parker, MJQ in Europe, Henry Gross Plug Me Into Something, Grateful Dead Wake Of The Flood & Mars Hotel, Frank Zappa The Grand Wazoo + lots more. Thanks Babs

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am digitizing Westwood One Superstar Concert for Lou Gramm, bogged down in removing clicks n' pops from Side 5. Been listening to Nigeria Special - Modern Highlife Afro-Sounds & Nigerian Blues 1970-1976. At lunch yesterday found my repair coordinator speaks Yoruba so she's going to help with figuring out what I'm hearing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Link
    https://workupload.com/file/CjJqqDZSsZB

    ReplyDelete
  18. One of my kids recently recommended an Australian group called the Psychedelic Porn Crumpets. I'm not crazy about the band name, but boy oh boy do I love their new album:

    https://psychedelicporncrumpets.bandcamp.com/album/carpe-diem-moonman

    ReplyDelete
  19. I re-listened to a playlist I put together at the beginning of the month, which I called "America ROCKS" with obvious intention. I like the Lenny Kravitz-Prince version of "American Woman," which was new to me.
    Also listened to what I digitized from Mary McCaslin's discography, starting with an LP I really enjoyed in 1976: "Prairie In The Sky." And Joan Armatrading's debut, also from 1976. And "Blue Wave" from the John Coltrane Quartet!
    D in California

    ReplyDelete
  20. Relatively Clean Rivers -- a mellow private-press county-rock/psych masterpiece I can't recommend enough. ThePoodleBites did the world a favor by sharing a hi-rez needle drop here: https://upvhq.blogspot.com/2021/06/relatively-clean-rivers-st-1976.html

    You can also listen here if you're not sure you can trust me! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKhaapU_Lr0

    Lots of other great HQ rips on his blog as well.

    ReplyDelete