SNAP!! It's even better than Hackney Diamonds, which is a surprise. Early "informed opinion" suggested it would be a kind of studio floor cuttings exercise, material that wasn't quite good enough for HD. But it's easily their best since [YOUR CHOICE HERE]. A real band of real human beings playing real music for the hell of it. "Only" rock and roll?
Many Thanks Babs,was listening to Brussels live this morning old boot I enjoy Midnight Rambler with Mick Taylor.Looking forward to Steve Winwood et al contributing to sound
So, I'm listening to Ringing Hollow, and there are edits around the two-minute mark. I don't know what the first cut word is, but the second is clearly 'coke' ("Pass around the *, pass around the coke"). I'm guessing it's another drug. Has anybody else noticed any edits? I'll have to hunt down an uncut version, I reckon. C in California
At around the 4:15 mark on 'Back In Your Life' (which is a beautiful ballad), Mick say's "C'mon Ronnie!" Just one problem here, that's not Ronnie Wood playing the guitar solo, it's producer Andrew Watt.
Babs, no, it isn't Andrew Watt, it's Ronnie, edited from a much longer solo (he actually has two, and they're both recognisably the same and both recognisably him.
After extensive research, here's something from a message board (not posted by Watt or Wood):
"The solo in Back to your Life is Ronnie not Watt"
"First solo (at 3:20) is Watt, second is Wood."
So if our anonymous authority is correct, it's Ronnie who plays after Mick says "c'mon Ronnie!" , and this solo is where the song peaks. Me, I'm saying it's all Ronnie unless he or Watt tells me otherwise!
Oh my! Thank you Babs
ReplyDeleteWhat Mumbles....mumbled!
ReplyDeleteC in California
SNAP!!
ReplyDeleteIt's even better than Hackney Diamonds, which is a surprise. Early "informed opinion" suggested it would be a kind of studio floor cuttings exercise, material that wasn't quite good enough for HD. But it's easily their best since [YOUR CHOICE HERE]. A real band of real human beings playing real music for the hell of it. "Only" rock and roll?
I'm listening to it as I type this. It's instantly likeable, the songwriting is strong, and everyone's in good form.
DeleteF Yeah!!!! Thanks from White Pains! XO
ReplyDeleteMany Thanks Babs,was listening to Brussels live this morning old boot I enjoy Midnight Rambler with Mick Taylor.Looking forward to Steve Winwood et al contributing to sound
ReplyDeleteJust fun
ReplyDeleteOh! Dear! I still have not play Hackney Diamonds yet... one day. Thanks, octogenarians still having fun... how old was Beethoven when he stopped.
ReplyDelete57
DeleteSo, I'm listening to Ringing Hollow, and there are edits around the two-minute mark. I don't know what the first cut word is, but the second is clearly 'coke' ("Pass around the *, pass around the coke"). I'm guessing it's another drug.
ReplyDeleteHas anybody else noticed any edits?
I'll have to hunt down an uncut version, I reckon.
C in California
I noticed that "cut" (or maybe never there?) in the car today. God, that album sounded great in the car! Songs like old friends already.
DeleteAt around the 4:15 mark on 'Back In Your Life' (which is a beautiful ballad), Mick say's "C'mon Ronnie!" Just one problem here, that's not Ronnie Wood playing the guitar solo, it's producer Andrew Watt.
DeleteThe official version on YouTube has the two missing words ("fenty" and "coke").
DeleteC in California
Babs, no, it isn't Andrew Watt, it's Ronnie, edited from a much longer solo (he actually has two, and they're both recognisably the same and both recognisably him.
ReplyDeleteAfter extensive research, here's something from a message board (not posted by Watt or Wood):
Delete"The solo in Back to your Life is Ronnie not Watt"
"First solo (at 3:20) is Watt, second is Wood."
So if our anonymous authority is correct, it's Ronnie who plays after Mick says "c'mon Ronnie!" , and this solo is where the song peaks. Me, I'm saying it's all Ronnie unless he or Watt tells me otherwise!
Says the King of splitting hairs...
DeleteThe "King of splitting hairs"?
Delete