Monday, July 20, 2026

Albert King - 'I'll Play The Blues For You' (2026 Remaster)

 

'I'll Play The Blues For You' was recorded across the winter and spring months of 1972 at Stax Studios in Memphis, Tennessee.  It was produced by Allen Jones, and released in September 1972, on the Stax label.  This would go on to be Albert's biggest selling record. 
[I would have guessed, 'Born Under a Bad Sign' - Ed]

The iconic Albert King, is one of the single most influential bluesmen in history, he ushered blues into the modern era by combining his direct, urgent Mississippi blues style with contemporary soul rhythms.  He continually redefined the state of contemporary blues with his dry, husky voice and scorching razor-sharp guitar work, featuring the raw, searing, and incredibly fat tone he coaxed from his Gibson Flying V.

Instead of relying on a conventional blues backing group, Stax paired Albert with an elite roster of the label's house musicians. The rhythms were alternately provided by The Bar-Kays and The Isaac Hayes Movement, while the punchy, driving horn lines were arranged by the renowned Memphis Horns.  This unique combination created a dynamic, funk-infused "Soul-Blues" record that strips away predictable blues structures in favor of tight, syncopated grooves and rich sonic textures that allowed Albert's vocal delivery and dramatic string-bending technique to shine over deep, danceable grooves.


The freeload is a 24-bit/192 kHz vinyl (180G) rip of Craft Recordings (Bluesville Series), released on June 12, 2026.  The audio on this is phenomenal, preserving the tight, punchy bass and deep three-dimensional analog warmth of the original 1972 tapes. 

For the freeload, tell us a joke.



22 comments:

  1. A group of settlers are traveling across the west in a wagon train, and they stop for the night. They circle the wagons, and two guys take up sentry duty as the other settlers sleep.
    From the darkness they hear a sound off in the distance.
    Boom boom boom boom... Boom boom boom boom.
    The sentries look at each other. The sound gets louder as it gets closer.
    BOOM boom boom boom... BOOM boom boom boom.
    The sentries start squirming. The sound gets louder still.
    BOOM boom boom boom... BOOM boom boom boom!
    One sentry looks at the other and says, "What do you think?"
    The other says, "I don't know. I don't like the sound of those drums."
    And a voice calls out from the bushes: "That's not our regular drummer!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's BOOM BOOM Time !!!

      A collection of raunch....sleaze...mambo & titty-shakers !!

      It’s BOOM BOOM Time !!! :

      https://www.imagenetz.de/xfa8C

      (not my link, just seems related)

      ~ Jon

      Delete
  2. Guy goes into a barber shop, asks how many ahead of him. Barber does a head count, five. Guy leaves. Next day, same thing, guy comes in, how many ahead of me? Four. Guy leaves, doesn't come back. This goes on for four days. Barber says to his assistant, this is driving me nuts - next time that guy comes in, you follow him, see where he goes. Next day, guy comes in, six ahead of him, leaves. Assistant follows him outside, comes back a few minutes later. Barber says, where'd he go? Assistant says, your house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspired by the above:
    How many drummers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Four. One to change it, and three to talk about how some famous drummer could have done it better.

    related:
    How many jazz musicians does it take to change a light bulb?
    It doesn't matter; they'll just play the wrong changes anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping the musical theme going…
    Q: How can you tell if the drum riser is perfectly level?
    A: The drummer drools equally from both corners of his mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yesterday I felt like a wheelchair bound touched by Jesus
    Why?
    My car broke down. My Lord I can walk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm down to my last 2 or 3 music puns, 4 Tops.
    Thanks Babs

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just flew in from Chicago, and boy are my arms tired. Great page, by the way, i love the posts youbring to us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Children's joke. What do you get if you add 50 female pigs and 50 male deer? A hundred sows and bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What do you get when David Lynch directs a remake of The Godfather?

    Someone who makes you an offer you can't understand.

    ~ Jon

    ReplyDelete
  10. A young man truly in love with his girlfriend decided to have her name tattooed on his penis. Her name was Wendy, and the tattoo was done while the penis was erect, so when it was not erect all you could see was W Y.

    Shortly after the couple was married they were honeymooning in Jamaica the man was in a bathroom in Jamaica, and standing next to him was a Jamaican man who also had a W Y on his penis.

    The American said to him "Oh is your girl named Wendy too?"

    The Jamaican replied, "No mister that says 'Welcome to Jamaica Have a Nice Day'."

    ~ Jon (sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My buddy asked me where my mother in law was. I said "out in the garden".

    He said "I dont see her"...

    You have to dig deeper.

    ~ Jon

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll spare everyone the half dozen filthy jokes I know that feature a piano player and the punch line "no, but if you hum a few bars I can fake it"

    ReplyDelete
  13. One afternoon an elderly couple walks into the local sex clinic.
    A doctor in a labcoat welcomes them, "We treat many couples of advanced age at our clinic. We have to be realistic with what senior citizens can achieve, but we hope to restore a small part of what you once had when you were newlyweds." The old man and woman hold hands and smile.

    Continuing, the doctor says, "We start with an observational session. My colleagues and I will observe you through a two-way mirror". Please enter the bedroom, make yourselves comfortable and we'll observe and collect data"

    Two hours later.....the couple emerges. The doctors are stunned. "We're in awe. One time sure, twice maybe, but three times is putting the rest of us to shame. In our medical opinion, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your sexlife. I have to ask why did you come here?"

    "Well you see, Doctor", the man explains, "We're both married but not to each other. The Marriott down the street charges $300 for a room. But with medicare, your clinic is only a $20 copay."

    ReplyDelete
  14. What's red and invisible?

    No tomatoes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Link
    https://workupload.com/file/Zqc9kSdy8bB

    ReplyDelete
  16. A little old lady goes to the doctor and says, “Doctor, I have a lot of gas, but it doesn’t bother me much. I fart all the time, so no one knows about it.” She continued, "My farts are always silent and they never smell. Why, I've farted several times since I’ve been here, and you didn’t even realize it."
    The doctor says, “Interesting. Why don’t you take these pills and come see me in a week?”
    The old lady returns in a week and says, “I don’t know what was in those pills you gave me! Now, my farts are still silent, but my God, they stink! They smell so bad, It's terrible!”
    The doctor says, “Excellent. Now that your sinuses are cleared & working properly, let’s work on your hearing.”
    Thanks Babs

    ReplyDelete
  17. "You can always tell a Yale Ph.D. ...
    But you can't tell her much!"

    Inspired by my sister.
    D in California

    ReplyDelete
  18. Never trust an atom, because, like Donald Trump they make up everything.
    Reverend Doctor Baz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Salvaged from Jim Dickinson's "I'm Just Dead, I'm Not Gone" (which should be required reading...). Paraphrased...

    A woman takes her daughter to go visit her father (grandpa) who lives alone. They take lunch. The daughter goes to prepare plates for lunch. "Grandpa, these plates are dirty." "They're as clean as Cold Water can get them, just rinse 'em off."

    Later, she goes to get dessert. Same thing. "Grandpa, these plates are dirty." "They're as clean as Cold Water can get them, just rinse 'em off."

    As the woman and daughter are living, a big hound dog runs out from under the porch & jumps up on the little girl. The old man says, "Get down, Cold Water!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a gratuitous follow up:

      How are the Iran War and Vietnam War different?
      Trump had a plan to get out of Vietnam.

      Delete